Exercises you can do at the office – NO EXCUSES
My sister inspired me to write this post about little workouts you can do throughout your day at the office, she has a busy schedule but no excuses to find time to workout!
Here’s a list of some exercises that you can sneak in throughout the day:
– Photo Copy Machine Squats: waiting for the photocopier or something to print? Get that booty low and squat like no ones looking (if they are maybe you will inspire them to do the same!)
– Calf Raises: these are easy to get away with unnoticed and will help tone your lower legs
– Wall / Desk Push Ups: get down and give me 20!
– Water bottle Lateral Raises or Bicep Curls: Create your own resistance in your muscle for added difficulty, squeeze your muscle and lift and lower slowly.
– Chair Dips: When no one is looking do dips off the edge of your chair and get those triceps into action!
– Under the Desk Leg Lifts: When sitting in your chair lift your feet to extend your legs, hold at the top for a few seconds and slowly lower
– Back Leg Lifts: Standing around at the water cooler? Slightly lift your leg behind you and engage your booty for a little squeeze, and slowly lower.
– Invisible Chair aka. Wall Sits: On a conference call? Sit against a wall, try to get your legs to a 90 degree bend. This one is a great leg burner!
A few things to remember throughout the day for added bonus:
- Always engage your core, take deep breaths in through your nose and as you exhale through your mouth give your tummy a squeeze, practice doing this so it becomes second nature, this will keep your tummy tight and help with posture
- Drink lots of water throughout the day, sugary drinks like juice and soda are going to decrease your energy
- Get up and walk around whenever possible, instead of emailing a co-worked go talk to them
- Stand whenever possible, this will burn a few extra calories throughout the day and every calorie counts!
- Bring vegetables to snack on so that when the 2 o’clock hunger hits, so you don’t hit the vending machine