All about Seaweed
Are you looking for a super food that will aid in weight management while also giving you antioxidant and anti-aging benefits as well? Seaweed has all these benefits plus more.
Sushi and Wakame salad are delicious ways to incorporate this super green into your diet!
If anyone has any recipes they would like to share I would love to hear them!
Seaweed (varieties: nori, hijiki (also known as hiziki), arame, kombu and wakame
5-10g per day
It can take up to 4 months for the body’s digestive system to adjust to the structures of seaweed. Therefore, start with smaller daily amounts until body has adapted, and expect to notice benefits after several weeks or months.
- Aids in weight management: high levels of iodine aid in thyroid function. Seaweed also helps to break down fat and flush it out of your system
- Balances blood sugar
- Valuable source of essential amino acids
- Valuable source of Vitamin B-12
- Aids in digestion: is high in fiber and helps to cleanse the digestive tract, metabolizes lipids and maintains balance of yeast and digestive bacteria in the intestines
- Promotes healthy hair growth: the high mineral content feeds the shafts and ducts of the scalp improving health
- Regulates hormones
- Detoxifies pollutants and heavy metals: contains significant amounts of alginic acid which bind to heavy metals in the intestines and cause them to be indigestable, eliminating them from the body
- Anti-oxidant properties
- Improves mental clarity
- Enhances cell regeneration
- Prevents premature aging: contains high levels of vitamin C which prevent the breakdown of collagen and skin tissue
- Anti-cancer properties: is an anti-inflammatory which protects the immune system and prevents cellular change in pre-cancerous cells
- Increases immunity
- Preserves eyesight
Did You Know?! :
- Seaweed is up to 60 times more potent than its land counterparts
- A 2 Z of Health, Beauty and Fitness http://health.learninginfo.org/seaweed-benefits.htm
- Ocean Vegetables.com http://www.oceanvegetables.com/seaweed-benefits.html